Skip to main content

My journey

Desk, June 2009
Desk, June 2009 (Photo credit: Brandt Kurowski)
My journey to Web making 101 
Late one night I was sitting at my house wondering if I was ever going to hone my skills at writing, or web creation when I somehow found myself at the P2PU website. I had always wished for a tutoring site or a hands on approach to learning how to create web content and learning a little html and css coding so I was so excited to find it! I downloaded countless addons for Mozilla Firefox with web design tools and still was only slightly more knowledgeable because of it. After giving the site at P2PU an enthusiastic glance I knew I would be returning and participating in a few beginner courses. 


 Whatever path this leads me down I'm convinced that I will embrace it and immerse myself in the joy of exploring the possibilities. The essence of my spirit has always served me well and compensated for what I may have been lacking in experience and formal education

Hopefully this is the spark of a long torch to light my way of a stroll in unfamiliar territory. I am unsure of what lies ahead but I welcome it and will use my trepidation as a creative hearthstone..
 

Comments

  1. Nice post! I look forward to learning with you in the future.

    Flux

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the course and beyond, I am now inspired. Hope we cross paths on P2PU at some point.

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mr. Johnson and Nick! I look forward to learning with both of you also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your exploration into web design and development! I have been at it for some time now, and I just have to add that if you get bored, keep going!! The more you learn, the more you realize how much you can do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement I think I will need it. I've been known to fall prey to complacency at times.

      Delete
  5. Seems that you have a strong motivation for learning the web development.
    Good luck and maybe we also cross paths in P2PU.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When in doubt, think it out. If that doesn't work, read this post

Coffee cup (Photo credit: @Doug88888 ) The coffee was fresh, the house was silent, it was time to write. Almost time. After the obligatory cigarette and a surprise visit from Tipsy the Calico, I traipse on over to the kitchen table, take my place behind the keyboard and prepare to bang away at the keys in the hopes that my words form enough logic to prevent frustration from setting in. I reason out a few words and delete them shortly after. It becomes apparent that I need a little inspiration. A push in the write direction. I stare straight through the monitor hoping for something to burst forth. Nothing but random incoherent distractions. Damn! Nothing! I'm in the mood to create something and I will, even if it's crap. Peter Mark Roget (Roget's Thesaurus) (Photo credit: dullhunk ) I pull up my favorite  search engine  and begin my search for something to help me feel like a real creative word crafter type person. When I first considered writing on the web

Combining two interests

Helping people and writing Part of my country southern charm is the desire to help people and make them smile. I've been searching my soul and taking inventory over the last few months about what direction I should take when I get serious about writing. I've decided to create an elixir of the things I like most and write about it. Music Writing Helping others Making people feel special Music I've had a love for music ever since I was a child and my family would go to this establishment in my little town called The Old South Jamboree. I saw some pretty impressive talents there back then. Jerry Lee Lewis , Ronnie Milsap , Porter Wagoner and many others. I never did really gain much pleasure from sitting in front of a television set so music and reading were my pleasures.  Of course since then my musical tastes have broadened a lot. As a result, I was getting really depressed about the lack of talent in mainstream music across all genres. I've came into